Install, repair and maintain mechanical regulating and controlling devices, such as meters, gas regulators, thermostats, safety and flow valves, and other mechanical governors and water devices. Install service lines. Field position using heavy equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending on designation of Construction or Operations Gas Utility, primary duties may vary; however both Operations-designated Utility Technicians and Construction-designated Utility Technicians will be cross trained and flexible in carrying out both designations
· Follow all state and federal regulations
· Responsible for gas line locations
· Operate mechanical equipment
· Repair leaks
· Investigate leaks
· Customer service
· Install services including pipes
· Turn meters on or off or close service
· Turn valves to allow measured amounts of air or gas to pass through maters at specified flow rates
· Report hazardous field situations and damaged or missing meters
· Connect regulators to test stands. And turn screw adjustments until gauges indicate that inlet and outlet pressures meet specifications
· Disassemble and repair mechanical control devices or valves, such as regulators, thermostats, or hydrants, using power tools, and cutting torches.
· Report maintenance information, including test results, material usage, and repairs made
· Disconnect and/or remove defective or unauthorized meters, using hand tools
· Lubricate wearing surfaces of mechanical parts, using oils or other lubricants
· Test valves and regulators for leaks and accurate temperature and pressure settings, using precision testing equipment
· Routinely involved in utility construction projects
· Participation in “Call duty” rotation with additional pay.
Internal relations: all Grey Forest Utility staff, administrators External relations: customers and contractors in the field
Knowledge: knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs and maintenance.
Ability to obtain a Valid CDL Texas Drivers License
Skills: active listening, installation, reading comprehension, trouble shooting, equipment, routine maintenance of equipment, time management, critical thinking, equipment selection, service orientation, active learning
Skills helpful: Involves using communication and organizational skills to co-ordinate, supervise, manage, or train others to accomplish goals
Abilities: near vision, oral comprehension, oral expression, problem sensitivity, arm-hand steadiness, deductive reasoning, extent flexibility, information ordering, multi-limb coordination, control precision
Experience: Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience as required
FORM OF WORKING CONDITIONS:
Environmental conditions: outdoor, exposed to all weather conditions, may be exposed contaminants including dust, gases, odors or pollutants Job hazards / safety: requires use of hard had, protective gloves, cut-resistant, ear plugs, safety glasses and reflective vests, safety boots and cold weather gear Machine, tools and equipment.
Retirement, Vacation, Sick Leave, Paid Medical for Employee, performance Bonuses
Starting Salary $18.00/hr. depending on Experience, could be higher.